Tuesday 29 May 2012

29th May - An uncanny resemblance

Just a quickie...on my trawl of YouTube this week, I found this video of a family in Adelaide, Australia.  I am sharing it as it amazed me the similarities between this family and ours.  The boys, the dog, it all just seemed very familiar territory, and I think it is a great example of how this relationship can work. They have had their autism dog for 4 months, but its good to see the attachment walking done the same way, and see how the relationship develops.


Or click this link


I am being brief today as Alex had me awake between 1 and 5am, so I am a little bleary eyed.  We are working on keeping him in his own bed.  Wish you could buy patience on Amazon.com.  Yet another day where housework seems to be at the bottom of my list. Ho hum, dust never killed anyone :)

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Read all your blog and watched the very touching video of Alex and Lucie saying their first hellos. I am fasinated by what these special dogs can do. Wishing you all well and hope Lucie opens up the world of possibilites that you are hoping for. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a similar set up to your own that it looks encouraging you may see similar results. Some really good techniques used there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog, your Alex is so like my son Sam it's uncanny - seeing him skipping around the lounge flapping his hands, it could have been my house. We were paired, also in May with an autism assistance dog from Dogs for the Disabled (we only live half an hour from their centre), she has been a wonderful addition to the family and we are all feeling a lot less stressed. Like you, we only manage 4 or 5 hours sleep a night too!

    ReplyDelete